MINUTES OF THE AGM HELD WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 21ST2020 AT 11.00AM
The meeting took place ay Victoria Hall Bebington having been postponed from May because of the Coronavirus pandemic.
The AGM formed part of the general Trustees meeting (separate minutes).
- The meeting was chaired by John Haynes who welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Apologies were received from Ruth Stirrup, Chris Scudamore and Tess Morris. Tess also stated that she wished to resign as Minute Secretary. 20 proxy forms had been received from members. No other members were present.
The chairman suggested that these minutes should be read out at the next AGM and should also be circulated to members.
- It was suggested and agreed that membership should be extended to July 31 2021.
- The minutes of the last meeting were agreed and accepted.
There were no questions arising.
- Trustees’ Report
It was noted with sadness that Norman Simpson ,our Treasurer, had passed away in April.
Oliver Allen a long serving Trustee has resigned as a Trustee and we thank him for all his hard work over the years.
The chairman reported that annual membership is stable..
- Financial report
An income of £22,900 was reported for the year. Some loss of income is explained by the fact that we no longer charge for refreshments. This was done partly to reduce our surplus.
Charitable reserves amount to £178,000
- Manager’s report
The manager reported that everything had been running smoothly until December 2019 when the building had to be closed because of an asbestos problem. This was before the Covid closure.
Lesley is in the process of reimbursing members for courses cancelled last year.
- Re-election of trustees
Ruth Stirrup and Ann Massey were re-elected -there being enough votes and proxy votes.
- Election of new trustees
Gillian Bolt waselected as a new trustee.
- Appointment of an Independent Examiner.
It was proposed that Michael G. Lampard be approached to see if he is willing to continue as Independent Examiner.
As there was no other business the meeting closed at 11.20 am.